Admissions Notice 2020/2021
Please click on this link to view Admissions Notice. Admission Notice SCS Oct 2020
All queries regarding applications and admissions to be directed to The Principal.
Application Forms 2020/2021
Please read Admissions Notice and Admissions policy. Deadline for receipt of completed application forms for First years 2020/2021 is 4pm, Tuesday 17th November 2020.
All queries re: applications & admissions to be directed to the Principal.View & Download
We would like to convey to parents our collective appreciation for the ongoing support for the school levy. This is a contribution we ask from parents each year which helps us to allay some of the costs which are not covered by our annual budget. The Department of Education and Skills does not contribute to any aspect of the non-class activities of the school. Consequently, we have to find financial resources elsewhere and we do manage a little from sponsorship, LCETB grants, GAA grants and, of course, from parents. Anything at all that students may be involved in attracts financial support from the levy. The following items and events have been helped during the past school year and is typical of how the money is spent:
- Student accident insurance – 24/7 cover is paid in full for every student from the levy
- Subsidise bus travel involving students, ie education tours, matches, etc
- Subsidise co-curricular activities
- Subsidise purchase of materials used in extra-curricular/hobby type areas
- Contribution towards visiting speakers on topics of importance to students, eg health education, substance use, careers, etc
- Entry fees for sporting and athletic competitions
- Upkeep of grounds
- Printing and postage of school correspondance
- Photocopying of class material for students, ie paper and printing
- Cost of student school journal
As you can see the levy plays a very extensive part in the life of the College and I am confident that you will give it your fullest support.
Payment can be made on-line at way2pay.ie or by clicking the link on our website.
Levy: €80 (individual student) or €120 per family
Book Rental Scheme
Scariff Community College operates a book rental Scheme, under this scheme textbooks will be provided to rent for students.
Payments will be as follows:
First Year: €120
Second Year: €80
Third Year: €60
Fifth Year: €150 (covers Sixth year also)
Unfortunately there is no concession for Medical Card holders.
The success of the Book Rental Scheme depends on a number of factors:
- Prompt payment of the rental fee
- Good maintenance of books so that they can be redistributed for as long a period as possible (we suggest you organise a protective cover for each book)
- Full return of books at the end of Junior and Leaving Cert each year – there will have to be a charge for books not returned or returned in unacceptable condition
You will understand that the co-ordination of this scheme involves an amount of administration time and your fullest co-operation will be greatly appreciated.
The school Book Rental Scheme Co-ordinator is Ms Mary Kelleher